What is the SHAREit application?
Launched in 2013, SHAREit has been the fastest popular cross-platform app for Android, iOS, Windows, PC & Mac, which allows users to transfer video, music, files and apps from one device to another. This is the choice of over 1.8 billion users.
- 200 times faster than Bluetooth technology. Transfer rate upto 20 MB/sec.
- Transfer supports all files, photos, music, videos and even apps.
- Easily sharing between various devices using the same WiFi connectivity or Bluetooth.
- Pre-integrated video player to stream in HD (supports all video format).
- Listen to high quality music both online and offline.
- Various offline videos to watch without Networks.
- Personalize by downloading GIF, Wallpapers and Stickers.
How does SHAREit works?
1. When you open the SHAREit app, you will see the Shared tab, which contains all of the files that are shared by everyone and here you can download and comment (everyone can view your comments) on each file.
2. In the File Selector tab, you can select any file or folder that you want to share. Once you make your choice, the app will automatically share the files that you have chosen.
3. The My Files tab lets you manage your current shared files. For example, you can remove, comment or set the privacy of you shared files.
4. The My downloads tab allows you to open or delete the files that you downloaded.
5. To use your personal website, you just type the address that the application gave you in your Internet browser and there you can download your own files or files shared by others.
6. In the case on a not existing WiFi connection, SHAREit will automatically use Bluetooth.
How to download SHAREit APK
Now, SHAREit is available for Android, iOS and Windows devices. Users can get free download for the latest version of the app by clicking the link above this article. Then, install it as usual.
Which is better, SHAREIt or Xender?
SHAREit and Xender have the similiar functions. However, each app has its own pros and cons, therefore, to know which suits your need best, let’s see the table below.
You can get Xender APK free download here.
|Share large files without using mobile data||Yes||Yes|
|Auto pairing on WiFi||No||No|
|Allow group sharing||Yes||No|
Can SHAREit be installed on laptop?
> Yes, absolutely. The app has PC and Mac versions so that you can easily download for free and install the app on laptop.
Can SHAREit work without Internet?
> As mentioned above, one of the app’s best bits is transfering data between devices without the Internet connectivity. Users can use Bluetooth to transfer files instead. That’s why sometimes SHAREit is asking for Bluetooth permission.
Can SHAREit transfer files from iPhone to Android?
> You can easily using SHAREit to transfer files from iPhone to Android and vice versa.
Step 1. Enable Receiving mode on Android and setup hotspot.
Step 2. Connect iPhone to the Android phone’s hotspot
Step 3. Select photos, videos on iPhone and send to Android
What technology does the app SHAREIt use?
> The technology used behind SHAREit is fairly simple to explain. It uses the concept of Wi-Fi direct – a feature pre-installed in almost all latest Android devices available in the market. By using WiFi direct, a host server is created within the application for other devices to connect and share in. The receiver then has to join the hosted server and the file transfer can be done as long as both the sender and receiver devices are connected to each other on the server.