VSCO, previously known as VSCO Cam APK, is a photography app available for Android and iOS devices. The app allows users to capture photos and edit them, using preset filters and editing tools.
Alternatively, the app offers a limited selection of free presets to all users without requiring a Membership. To download, visit the VSCO Membership page and scroll to the bottom of the screen to find the available free presets.
There are two versions of VSCO: VSCO free and VSCO Membership. Each one has their own features that you can refer as shown below:
- You will have basic original presets.
- You can use standard editing tools, such as Contrast, Saturation, and Grain
- Also, you have a chance to explore community spotlights and inspiring content in the app.
VSCO Membership: (You will have free 7-day trial)
- 200+ VSCO Presets: There is a complete preset library, including vintage film presets by Kodak, Agfa, and Ilford.
- Advanced Photo Editing Tools: You can create images you love with exclusive tools like HSL and Borders.
- Video Editing Tools: Transform videos with numerous presets and special video editing tools.
- Montage: Tell a video story and make a moving collage by layering videos, images, and shapes.
- Weekly Photo Challenges: Try something new with weekly photo challenges.
- Bonus Content for Members: Explore tips, tricks, and creative tutorials exclusive to your membership.
The bright sides and dark sides of VSCO
- Attractive, simple design.
- Free photo editor.
- Explore inspiring photos, videos, and editorial in Discover.
- Search for people you know and connect with friends already on the app.
- Good editing tools for filter, exposure and color.
- The lack of like counts and comments staves off trolls and competition.
- No web editing or desktop apps.
- Most filters require a paid account.
- No dark-mode support.
- No commenting.
How to download and install VSCO app
The app is currently available for Android and iOS devices, so that you can download it from Play Store or App Store. Or, you can even click the link on the top of this article to download and install the app to your mobile/tablets.
To login in VSCO is also simple. You can create an account using your Facebook or Google credentials or with an email address or phone number. After creating an account, you’re immediately pushed towards signing up for a paid subscription ($19.99 per year), which gets you 200 filters, as opposed to the free app’s paltry 10 filters. You can start a 7-day free trial. Next, the app asks you to grant access to your photos, camera, location, and contacts.
You may want to take a look at the most popular photo sharing app Instagram.